We exist to love, grow and serve. Love God, and love others. Grow in our relationship with God and each other. Serve God, the church, and the world. We encourage you to join with us in this mission by being born again through faith in Jesus Christ, worshipping God with us on Sunday mornings, becoming part of a small group & serving with us in COTC, the community & the world.
The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. Though we believe the Bible to be our entire statement of faith, this is our representative doctrinal statement to aid you in knowing what we believe.
1. We believe the entire Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God and we seek to order our church and live our lives thereby.
2. We believe that there is one God, the creator of heaven and earth, who is an infinite and eternal Spirit and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth. God exists in three persons – the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus is God who embodied human flesh. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, His miracles, in His substitutionary atonement for man’s sin on the cross of Calvary, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future return in power and great glory.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, whose ministry to the world is the conviction of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment and whose indwelling ministry to the saints is the empowerment to live a Godly life, dedicated to serving Christ and His Church.
5. We believe one receives the Holy Spirit by believing on Christ (John 7:37-39; Acts 2:38; Acts 11:15-17; Romans 8:9). Jesus Christ is the one who baptizes us with the Spirit (Matthew 3:11-12). To be baptized with the Holy Spirit means that Christ places us by means of the Spirit, in union with Himself and His church(I Corinthians 12:12-13). The evidence of having received the Holy Spirit is the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23). Though the baptism with the Spirit is a one-time experience, the filling with the Spirit is a repeated reality as we live so as not to grieve or quench the Spirit. All believers are given spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:1-11) as determined by the Holy Spirit for the common good and ministry of the body of Christ.
6. We believe in salvation by God’s grace through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross. We believe this new birth is the result of the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit and is evidenced by a changed life, submitted to the Lordship of Christ. All those saved by God will endure to the end and will never be cast out.
7. We believe that at the end of time the dead will be raised and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unsaved will be consigned to hell and the righteous will dwell forever in heaven with the Lord.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Body of Christ who is the head of the Church.
It is my passion to know Christ and to introduce others to Him. Nothing motivates me more than to see someone grasp one of God’s principles and then start applying it in their life. I believe genuine faith in Christ is relevant and applicable to life and I enjoy few things more than communicating that truth to whoever will listen. I would love the opportunity to get to know you!
I was born and raised in Calhoun County, Alabama. I began following Jesus in the summer of 1991, and it has been an amazing journey ever since. Starting in 2001 I lived in Mobile, AL, New Orleans, LA, and Oak Island, NC for a total of six years. I married my beautiful wife Bethany on February 25th, 2006, and we moved back to Alabama in May of 2007. It’s been so wonderful to be back home and to be a part of the ministry of the Gospel here.
I’m so grateful for Church Of The Cross and the opportunity to serve in youth ministry and worship leadership. I love our church, and have enjoyed raising our family here. Since coming on staff, Bethany and I have had three beautiful daughters, Annabel, Evelyn and Lucy. It is my sincere desire to lead our church in worshipping our great God, and to help families disciple the youth in our church. I would love to get to know you, and encourage you in your relationship with the Lord. I hope to see you soon!